School days- Revisited...

Sonu-Monu n' Soni-Moni :)
All of us have our own share of fantastic memories of school, which we always treasure.. School days, according to me are the most wonderful days of any one's life.. Whenever I see a school van, I rewind back the memories of school.. When I say School, two names that instantly come to my mind are
Rotary West School and Manvitha :)

Manvitha is one of my best friends from school..
We were inseparable.. Our homes were close by.. We used to travel to the school by the same rickshaw, we were classmates and used to sit together in class, went to the same music class, same summer camp.. We used call ourselves 'YaMa' :D :)
We always used to play together after school.. Power game, ghost game, kitchen set, sonu-monu n' soni-moni game and the list of games we played goes on..

Generally, when you are a kid, you want to grow up soon.. You love to act like an adult, love it when you are given importance.. :) Same was the case with me and Mani, I guess.. So, the game Sonu-Monu n' Soni-Moni( SMS- SM Square :D ). According to the game, each of us had two imaginary daughters(..twins! ;) ). I played mum to Sonu-Monu and Mani played mum to Soni-Moni.. :D

Our days began with waking SMS up, getting them ready to school and ended with putting them to sleep.. According to it, we used to go to school with SMS so that we could listen to the teachers and give lessons to them after coming home.. After coming back home, it was time to take SMS on the cycles for a joy ride :) We used to give homework to SMS and complete it ourselves.. I tho was so much into it that I used to wash my face twice, I used to wear two ponies, I used to divide my food into two halves,... one for S and one for M.. :D

I vividly remember our conversations.. They were most of the time about SMS:

Mani comes late to the auto..
Y: Yaake late?
M: Ayyo, S-M ready madodu late aythu

M:Ivathu en homework kottidira maklige?
Y: Nananthu social homework kottidini, maneli odade illa...
... :D


Childhood was such pure pleasure..! Now I hate the fact that I've grown up.. When I was in school, one of my teachers, Shantha ma'am always used to tell me that school days are golden days.. I just used to smile shyly at her.. Now, I realise how true it is..!!


I am reminded of this poem we had in 5th or 6th grade..

बार-बार आती है मुझको मधुर याद बचपन तेरी या ले गया तू जीवन की सबसे मस्त खुशी मेरी॥

Maybe I was wrong when I called SMS a game.. It wasn't just a game.. SMS were a part of our lives for three years.. And one fine day we left them behind when we left school. Maybe SMS are still waiting for us in school, playing in the sand pit or still completing the homework we gave them, wondering why we never return..
But for us, time has closed the gates of school forever.. All we can have are memories and more memories..!!

11 comments:

  1. Hmmm full senti blog to start with ;) Childhood is that part of life which I guess everyone hopes to go back to :)

    But yes , we cannot forget the fact that we have to live in the present . Every phase of life has its own charm and we have to enjoy each phase without thinking too much about past :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yashu ur words r soo emotional.'but for us,time has closed d gates of school foreva'i almost had tears when i read tis word.it refreshed al my school memories.thank u sooo much :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing beginning

    Sometimes it's very good to remember happy childhood moments..

    Keep it going...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Appu and Rajanna- thanks a lottt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, really nice blog! Reminds me of my childhood friend, Rohan! We used to eat our 10am short-break tiffin roaming on our school ground! That was in 5th, 6th and 7th std! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Rishabh: Hehe.. Nice! :) Sitting-third from left :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. blog cherishes all our school memories...simply cherishable.........

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to see an old student of RWS remember her school :) SMS was funny but felt damn happy seeing Bharathi ma'm,Shantha Ma'm and Suresh sir after such a long time :) Hey I too studied in RWS from kindergarten to 7th.I think '98 7th std batch, yav batch nindu ?? 2000 SSLC ?? Who is the teacher next to Bharathi ma'm ??

    ReplyDelete

 
Dream on... © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects